The METRO provides convenient and affordable transportation to colleges located throughout our service area.
Southern Maine Community Colleges (SMCC)
Connect from METRO to South Portland Bus Service, which serves SMCC directly, along Congress Street.
SMCC students ride METRO, Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit, and South Portland Bus Service FREE with ID.
University of Southern Maine (USM)
USM students ride METRO, Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit, and South Portland Bus Service FREE with their USM ID.
- Husky Line - Service between Portland, Westbrook, Gorham and the two USM campuses.
- Route 2 - Forest Avenue (nearest stops Forest Avenue, one block from campus)
- Route 5 - Downton Portland to Jet Port and Maine Mall (stops along Park Ave.)
- Route 4 - Brighton Avenue / Westbrook (stops on Bedford Street and along Deering Circle Roundabout).
- Route 8 - Portland Peninsula (nearest stop at Hannaford / Back Cove)
University of New England (UNE)
UNE students ride METRO, Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit, and South Portland Bus Service with their ID. Ask for details at Student Affairs office.
- Route 9 A and 9B - Crosstown Service (nearest stops along Stevens Avenue)
- Route 2 - Forest Avenue (nearest stops on Forest avenue, short walk from campus)
Maine College of Art & Design
Most METRO routes have bus stops within walking distance of MECA&D.
Student Life can assist you in navigating the schedule; stop by their office on the 2nd floor of Porteous.
Take METRO BREEZ to/from Brunswick. Roundtrip service runs from Monday through Saturday.
Connect to local and regional routes in downtown Portland.